Bison Ropa Vieja - Cuban
- Prep Time: 25 Mins
- Cook time: 4 Hours
- 2 lbs Northstar Bison Roast or Flank or Skirt Steak
- 4 oz Italian salad dressing
Place meat and dressing in roaster pan and roast at 225 degrees until tender (about 3-4 hours).
Cool meat and shred or cut into 1 1/2 or 2 inches in length and place back in juice.
- 3 Onions
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil OR Omega 9 Oil
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 can Tomato Paste (3 oz)
- 1 can (15 oz) Diced Tomatoes and Chilis
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
Cut onions and peppers into strips and mince garlic.
Fry out in oil until heated thru.
Add meat, bay leaves, vinegar, and small amount of broth.
Simmer until liquid is absorbed to about 1/2 of original amount.
Stir in tomatoes and paste.
Serve over rice and black beans.